<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Vienna in Pictures, Part II
 
I swear I'm not going to put all the hundreds of photos I have up here. But probably pretty close. Isn't it better than me writing about weird things that happen to me on the train? (As though I could be stopped.)
 
So they have like a million palaces there. This is Schonbrunn (there should be an umlaut on that "o," but I can't find it, or at least haven't tried). It's nice enough and all, though if it were me I would definitely add a hot tub and a trampoline room.

Schonbrunn has its own Roman ruin. Don't you? I actually don't know if they got real ruin parts and put them together or if it was just fabricated for them by Nate Berkus, but it's there.

Schonbrunn also has something called a gloriana. It's like a gazebo on steroids. And it is up on the hill behind the palace, which is a lot taller than it looks. Sometimes people hilariously wipe out in the snow while climbing up there, too. Just saying.

Apparently, it is still the nineties in Vienna. And no, we didn't buy our souvenirs there. We don't really trust the instincts of the woman who made Sphere.

They also have their own version of Top Model. Well, Germany's own version. It stars Heidi Klum as the Tyra figure. It was entirely in German with no subtitles, and yet we were transfixed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?