<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Mad Money

Yes, I chose my title just to reference the classic Katie Holmes/Latifah film of the same name. The one that Tom convinced Katie to pass on The Dark Knight to make. As it turned out, it would have been a better idea for her to pass on Tom.

Anyway, after roughly six years of successfully avoiding my "personal banker," I finally had to go in and have a meeting with him this morning. I always hate talking to these guys because they make me feel bad about having my money so heavily invested in food and shelter and want me to instead buy Brazilian bonds or something. But there had been a series of voicemails of escalating intensity, some of which referenced my accounts "becoming inactive," so I figured it was time.

And I actually got double teamed at the bank this morning -- though not in any sexy way --- because they brought in a manager to talk to me as well. They really don't like me only earning .5% on my savings account, which seems weird, since I feel like they could just give me a higher interest rate if it bothers them that much. But they had all kinds of fantastic ideas for where I could put it instead, eventually leading to me having ideas about where they could "put it" as well. Also they wanted to help me avoid foreign transaction fees, which is awesome, since I do so much business in the Caymans. These guys really get me, you know?

Fortunately, I managed to get out of there in less than an hour and with most of my money still intact. But just shoving under my mattress is starting to seem like a better and better option.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?