<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 07, 2013

The Fabulous Fourth 

Let me tell you, America really turned forty in style. (America is of course much older than that, but like Catherine Zeta-Jones, always lies about her age.) There was flag cake, of course, along with a cookie cake that formerly said "congratulations" until I took the plastic thingy off. There was chili cheese dip and pasta salad, which I made way too much of and got to eat for the three succeeding days as well. I unveiled new patio furniture, which I promptly hid from the destructive hands of my neighbors. There were state-sanctioned fireworks that were visible from my roof, as well as the unsanctioned kind set off by my aforementioned neighbors, which may or may not have been responsible for a dumpster fire in our alley. And there was alcohol, in a new cooler, which is still sitting in my hallway because I'm still not quite sure where else to put it.

Friday I had work. Did you know that Friday was a work day? I guess most of Chicago did not, because downtown was a ghost town that day. Which was fine by me, because it left me practically alone on the train to rehydrate and play Candy Crush on my phone.

Yesterday I saw Man of Steel. It was okay. There were a lot of unintentional laughs and there was absolutely no reason for it to be in 3D, but I basically enjoyed it. Michael Shannon is mad creepy, no? And Amy Adams' nose is actually sort of alarmingly pointy in 3D. Did I mention that I've never actually read comic books? But I do find it kind of hilarious that people freak if they change one word of Superman #52 but see no problem with Baz Luhrmann adding car chases and Carey Mulligan to The Great Gatsby.

Today there was a Seventh Heaven marathon. Heaven, indeed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?