<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend News

Allow me to join the chorus of people in Chicago complaining about the October-like weather we've been experiencing this weekend. It makes me want to order a pumpkin-spiced latte and pass out some fun-sized Snickers to the neighborhood hooligans. I went out for my run today and there were people in long running pants. In July. Not acceptable.

On the other hand, I've gotten a lot done being largely confined to the indoors this weekend. Laundry, writing, shopping, some quality gym visits. We also went and saw The To-Do List, which was all right. I will admit that it was selected mainly based on the fact that it was playing at a convenient time in a convenient theater, but I also thought it looked pretty funny from the commercials. Everyone in it was pretty likable (except Bill Hader, who I've never enjoyed for some reason, perhaps his eyebrows) and I remember laughing a lot, but I pretty much forgot it the minute I walked out of the theater. I seriously can't remember one bit from it in any degree of detail. But yeah, it was pretty enjoyable for reasons I cannot recall.

It's also been a hot weekend on lifetime. I finally caught most of A Mother's Nightmare (Annabeth Gish) yesterday and right now we're closing things off with the classic The Perfect Nanny (Tracy Nelson) right now. What a great time to be alive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?