<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sleepless in Chicago

So for some reason I could not get myself to sleep last night. I'm really not sure why; it wasn't like the previous Wednesday when I got myself all keyed up playing Just Dance on the Wii and had too much energy for slumber. I had had a few drinks with friends, but that usually has the opposite effect. And I had watched a few episodes of 7th Heaven, but that should be relaxing, as it is full of positive messages and life affirmations. It was late 7th Heaven, though; maybe not recognizing half of the actors stressed me out. There were seriously like three orphan children I didn't know living with the Camdens. And the Rev was having heart problems; ah, the bitter, bitter ironies.

Anyway, I was up, and there was really only so much Candy Crush that I could play. My TV options were limited as well, since Nick at Nite goes heavily into Full House, which I just can't stomach, and Hallmark hits the Golden Girls pretty hard, which sometimes gives me a headache. I probably should have read for a while, but it just didn't occur to me. Sometimes this Virginia Woolf I'm reading puts me out when I'm riding the train in broad daylight.

Anyway, I finally succumbed somewhere between 3 and 4, only to get up around 7. And I am not smarter when I am on half a night's sleep, I can tell you that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?