<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

So I had court again this morning. It was for a motion for extension of time, which usually just gets granted in an email without me even having to put on suit and go down there, but no matter how many times I checked my email there wasn't anything there, so I made the trek. It wasn't like a hundred degrees out and the security guard on duty wasn't the sassy one who always asks me sarcastically if I'm packing heat, so I actually felt okay about it. It kills me not checking my phone while I'm in there, but I don't want to be rude, even if I do have several critical simulation-type games in need of my attention. I sat there for probably half an hour listening to the rest of the call, as people argued about discovery and scheduling and which One Direction guy is the cutest, and then everything just kind of ended without my case ever being called. At which point the clerk gave me a sort of "what the fuck?" look and asked if I was there for the motion call. As opposed to what, the free ice cream? I said yes and gave him my case number. And he informed me that my motion had been granted without appearance. Um, what? What do you mean, "without appearance?" I'm right here! In my suit! But apparently they post the rulings on some of the motions on a bulletin board outside the courtroom, as though they were the results of the high school musical tryouts. And then don't tell anyone about it until after the call, because God knows what would happen if this information fell into the wrong hands.

Anyway, I had a good walk, I guess? And at least the motion was granted. So far I have a perfect record on basically uncontested motions that no one cares about.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?