<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 20, 2014

Holiday Club

So it is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, or as I call it, the day where I make a huge list of things I need to do and then end up watching L.A. Confidential for the hundredth time instead of doing any of them. It's an important day for many reasons, none of which fortunately have anything to do with cleaning my kitchen or shredding my old bank statements. Not that they have much to do with the early works of Russell Crowe, either. But I guess that not feeling the need to engage in any sort of meaningful activity is freedom of a sort, so I'm going to go ahead and say that it's exactly what Dr. King would have wanted.

The downside of having the day off is, of course, the exponentially increased sense of dread I feel about returning to work tomorrow. It's not that I don't like my job; it's just that I sort of resent being asked to do anything. It would make so much more sense for them to just give me money. Why can't it be Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Week, for heaven's sake? I hate to feel time constraints on my solemn memorializing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?