<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympic Proportions

I'm becoming somewhat confused and alarmed by this year's Olympics. You see, with all the networks that are playing Olympic coverage and all the different times of day they're doing it, I keep seeing the same events twice and thinking that I'm just losing my mind. First it was the pairs portion of the team figure skating on Sunday, and then today it was the regular pairs competition. So yeah, mainly skating, which always kind of makes me lose my mind, but seriously. And also, how has Johnny Weir not been a Project Runway challenge? Or maybe he has; I stopped watching that show like six seasons ago when it moved to Lifetime and got all weird. Sort of like when your friend in third grade moved away and then suddenly he didn't like Bon Jovi any more and kind of smelled like cheese?

Anyway, it's not that the Olympics don't have their charms. I rather enjoy that US figure skater who looks like she's trying to start a fire with her mind, and watching Bob Costas' face expand as his pinkeye progressed was sort of a medical marvel. Snowboarding is kind of nifty to watch and even more so for the fact that they had the nerve to call an event "slopestyle," which is clearly not a word. The parts of the opening ceremony I saw had the appropriate drug induced look to them, and the mere fact of Tara Lipinski continuing to exist is a plot twist on par with The Sixth Sense, even putting aside the fact that she looks like she's been in the witness protection program. But still, I miss Michelle Kwan. There will never be another choker quite like her.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?