<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Change of Venue

In Quincy with my mom for the long weekend. Because nothing honors Dr. King like fighting mold, emptying mouse traps, and eating at salad bars. We've been spending a lot of time here lately; I guess I would consider us bicoastal, if the Mississippi River and Lake Michigan are both coasts. It's tough work being a landowner.

Mom actually has a studio up in Chicago now as well as the house in Quincy, did I mention that? Well, two houses, since she never sold my grandmother's. Which is why there is mold now, and why we are desperately packing and cleaning things in preparation to put it on the market. I would love to get some of those HGTV bitches on it, but it seems like they're mainly in Canada. I'm liberal and cold, does that count?

We've also been tackling my dad's office, or offices I guess, which have been consolidated into my mom's office, so there is literally stuff covering every surface. Turns out my dad saved everything that anyone ever put on paper for any reason. There are file folders that have a single, unfilled form in them. There are memos from the 1970s. There are printouts of late '90s websites. So yeah, there's a whole lot of recycling going on.

Oddly enough, it's not a bad way to spend a weekend. Beats a night out in Wrigleyville, at least.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?