<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 22, 2015

I'm Full of Cliffhangers These Days

So I did come back to Chicago from Quincy and I am still alive. Mom actually drove part of the way back, something she had been nervous about doing. She's going through this interesting process of relearning to do things that dad had generally done: freeway driving, yard work, paying bills. It's like having a sixty-five-year-old child. She's a genuinely gifted child, though. Kept it at seventy the whole time she was driving and even managed some aggressive passing. We're working up to the middle finger; it's some pretty advanced citizenship.

Since getting back I've kind of been playing catchup. For instance, the Christmas tree still needed to come down. And the wreath to come off our front door. I'm pretty sure our neighbors were starting to think the place was abandoned. Also the DVR was, and is, way overloaded. As it turns out, 12 Years a Slave isn't exactly the kind of thing you pop on for a casual, fun night at home. Although I have thought up some pretty great drinking games to go with it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?