<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 06, 2015

Sigh

February is a wonderful month to be a state employee, because we get not only President's Day but also Lincoln's birthday off. Combine that with the snow day we got the first week of the month and the sick day I took last week, and you have four straight weeks where I only worked four days.

Which brings us to March. I worked every day this week and I am out of practice. It probably didn't help that I spent a good portion of that week trying to transcribe a video interview of a four-year-old child abuse victim, but still. And we have a total of no days off coming up this month. This is where the city employees really shine -- Casimir Pulaski is, pardon the expression, the tits!

Oh, and the weather in March? Fucking terrible. Slightly better than February, but twice as dispiriting because you feel like winter should just fucking be over already. I know this because I've heard many highly informative and entertaining conversations about the weather in the elevator at work.

So I guess it's a good thing that I've planned my vacation for March. We're going to Spain for a week later this month. (Prospective robbers: please note that we've got a crack housesitter lined up and the alarm will be fully armed.) We've never been, it looks amazing, and it's supposed to be sixty degrees there. I see very few drawbacks.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?