<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 14, 2015

A Word From Our Sponsors

As a general matter, I don't see many commercials, since we watch almost everything on DVR. So people will make reference to, for instance, Jan the Toyotathon Lady, and I have no idea what they are talking about. I actually think the people making these references have far more reason to feel bat about this than I do, but regardless, I'm not exactly current.

(I do know who Flo from the Progressive commercials is, though. And let me just say that if an asteroid were to strike her dead, I wouldn't exactly have to wear black for a year in mourning.)

The really strange thing, though, is that I'm intensely familiar with the type of commercials that air on the Hallmark and Lifetime networks, since I tend to have them on in the background while I'm doing other things. So if you want to know about a mini catheter, adult incontinence products, or how to get life insurance to cover your funeral costs without a medical exam, I'm your man.

Oh, and that extended Nutrisystem commercial with Marie Osmond? The one where they bring out a "regular person" to talk with Marie out how losing weight has impacted her self esteem and how she still likes cookies? Pretty much know that one by heart.

I'm not sure that I really have a point here, but if there is one, it's pretty much that I'm wasting my life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?