<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 18, 2015

Amazing News

The Amtrak from Chicago to Quincy now has free wireless. So I can actually liveblog the stampede for stale Fritos and tiny bottles of Chardonnay as it happens. I can give you the "you are there" feeling with regard to the screaming children running up and down the aisles and rubbing sticky hands on things. I'm not sure I can effectively convey the condescending sarcasm of the Amtrak employee repeatedly reprimanding passengers for standing in the not-at-all-line-like formation that the previous Amtrak employee carefully placed them in, but that's really on me, not the technology.

Less amazing news, I think, is that I decided to schedule myself for a Quincy visit for the weekend occurring but one day after my drive to Springfield and back for an Illinois Supreme Court argument. And but two weekends before my drive to Decatur for a college reunion I am coordinating but so far not attracting any of my actual friends to. So basically I'm scoring a hat trick on small Illinois towns with nice people and high numbers of buffet restaurants per capita. Sports analogy!

Anyway, I am actually kind of looking forward to a potentially restful weekend. I may do some light lifting for my mother, but aside from that my plans are basically not much. Until I get back on this fabulous Amtrak on Sunday night. Get ready for some excitement!!!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?