<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 27, 2015

No Really, Thanks

I can't tell you how amazing it has been to sleep in for the past few days. Sleep is among my favorite activities, even if I do have strange dreams where I'm the president of the Hallmark Channel and Lacey Chabert is going on strike. Of course, when I was in college, sleeping in meant rising at noon to pop over to the cafeteria in my sweats to eat a mixture of Lucky Charms and Coco Puffs for lunch, but now I'm lucky to make it to nine. Aubrey tends to be an early riser, even if she subsequently balks at the rain and has to be forcibly carried outside to pee.

Watched both the New York and Chicago parades yesterday, which is also now a very different experience than when I was younger. There are a lot more drop crotch pants, for one thing. Also, I have to admit that I fail to see the connection between preteen dance troupes dressed like middle aged hookers and holiday joy. But there are still plenty of floats and balloons based on things children can ask their parents to buy, so I guess that's a good thing. And David Arquette was the grand marshal of the Chicago parade, so we now have confirmation that David Arquette is still alive.

Anyway, we're putting up the Christmas tree today and, as it turns out, watching a Top Model marathon. 'Tis the season, bitches.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?