<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Giving of Thanks

Not traveling for the holiday this year, which is nice. A four-day weekend seems much shorter when you take a five-hour drive out of each end of it. Not that I didn't enjoy touring the finer gas stations and Hardee's of Central Illinois.

Thanksgiving here shouldn't be a ton different from Thanksgiving in Quincy, though. The buffet will probably be of a slightly higher quality (and much more expensive), but mashed potatoes don't vary too much from place to place in my experience.

It's kind of great for me just to have a few days off, actually. I've been rehearsing a lot for an amateur theatrical lately (hence my relative silence here) and have fallen desperately behind on grocery shopping and TV viewing and such. So tonight I luxuriated in a trip to Target and a meal that wasn't microwaved in my office. My life is very glamorous.

I'm trying to think if anything has happened since I last posted that you absolutely need my views on, but I'm kind of coming up empty. Horrific acts of terrorism aren't really my bailiwick, commentary-wise. I leave that to the true artists like Trump.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?