<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 01, 2016

The Mexican, Starring Brad Pitt & Julia Roberts

So I am going to Gaudalajara this weekend. This has happened sort of suddenly and in a ridiculous way. You see, I am accompanying a group of my students on the trip. (No, I will not be confiscating alcohol and taping doors shut to deter sexual experimentation.) The school realized a week ago that it had funding to send me, and I am not one to say no to a free trip to Mexico in February. Even if I do somewhat fear getting the Zika virus. That was a google gone awry, let me tell you.

I have been to Mexico before, but not to Guadalajara. Frankly, my experience of Mexico has primarily been swim-up bars and bus trips to picturesque but somewhat vertiginous ruins. And of course the major motion picture The Three Amigos. I'm sure that's a pretty accurate depiction, right?

One thing I can tell you right now is that Mexico is cheap as hell. The hotel is costing me $150. For three nights. And it's not like some motor court inn where the murder happened. Breakfast and free wifi are included. I mean, I don't think there will be mints on the pillows or anything, but I can always bring some Tic Tacs and make do.

The real pity in this is that Sean Penn already got that El Chapo interview. I would have gotten him a spread in Us Weekly, or at least a 25 Things You Don't Know About Me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?