<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Afternoon Amongst the Damned

So I had to go to FedEx Office today to scan some documents for my mortgage application. Now, you may ask, who still goes to FedEx Office? Don't most people have access to scanners/copiers/fax machines now? And the answer to that is yes. But I am so highly ethical that I didn't want to use state resources to scan these materials at my job, and also I was afraid I'd get caught. And though I do have a scanner at home, I didn't really feel like placing the documents on it a page at a time. So FedEx Office it was.

And of course I ended up scanning the documents a page at a time, anyway. Not sure why they don't have a scanner/copier with a document feeder set up like, well, every other place in the world, but they don't. So I spent half an hour (at 38 cents a minute, no less!) scanning W2s and bank statements. But while I was there, I encountered the most fascinating people. (Not to be confused with Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People.) There was an elderly lady who was struggling mightily to design a business card she could use for her dog and cat walking service. There was a guy who looked like a serial killer who apparently was there solely to use the internet. And there was a woman who was apparently such a regular at FedEx Office that she knew the names and back stories of all the employees. It truly is an amazing place to spend an afternoon.

Not sure how I'm going to top it, frankly. Maybe I should just go to bed now and try again tomorrow.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?