<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Endless Photos III

We're back, with a minor change in location to Salzburg. It was about two and a half hours by train from Vienna, and we're not talking some shitty CTA car that stinks of urine here. They were double-decker trains with really comfortable seats, fast Wi-Fi, and cool dining cars. Of course, I wholly humiliated myself by proudly presenting a ticket for a different train, but it turns out that, like most embarrassments, it could be remedied by taking out a credit card. Anyway...


Here's the interior of the cathedral. It actually didn't blow me away as cathedrals go, but I'd probably overdone it on looking at old churches by that point.


And this is the outside of the cathedral. Say what you want about religion; they know how to build some attractive god houses.


This is the interior of the castle. It was really fun and medieval, kind of like Medieval Times, but without the food. And you pretty much weren't allowed to touch anything.


Here's the view from one of the fortifications. This is why the castle is such a hot spot on Redfin: location, location, location.


And here's the approach to the castle up the hill. I'm guessing they secretly watch from above and make fun of people as they struggle to climb up. I know I did.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?