<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Boxing Day

Even though we are not moving until early July, we decided to get started on packing this past weekend. It really does make some sense, if you think about it, because there is so much stuff to pack and the end of June and early July are always super busy times. Plus, easily half the stuff we own we will not miss if it's boxed up for the next month and a half. Will I urgently need my CD copy of Hootie & the Blowfish at some point in the near future? Come to think of it, why do I still own that at all? I mean, we can't deny that we as a nation lost our collective minds and went through a Hootie phase right around the time everyone was wearing high-waisted jeans and getting The Rachel, but most people did a drop off at the Salvation Army sometime after that. Will I want my American Legal History textbook in the next several weeks? That one I stand behind keeping, as the Colonial methods for trying witches alone make it worth a deeper read.

Anyway, that's what we're doing. And we already have about twenty boxes stacked up in the living room. To be clear, they are fairly small boxes, but they do make us look like squatters. Which frankly is a look I don't mind. At least it's not Crocs.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?