<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 02, 2016

Charmed

Through no fault of my own, I have started watching Southern Charm. I had always dismissed it as lesser Bravo, like a People's Couch or Workout if you will. But a couple of my friends had spoken warmly of if, and it happened to be on when I had left the remote on the desk and didn't want to get out of bed one day. And then the magic happened. Such a wonderful array of characters! By which I mean clinically insane people. Kathryn, of course, is the true star. Pretty much nothing she does ever makes any sense, which does not prevent her from doing it with maximum emphasis. And in the grand tradition of Bravo, it is impossible to believe that she actually has children. But I'm also fond of Craig, who has turned failure into a compelling art form, all slathered in gallons of hair gel. As someone who got a JD and then actually became a lawyer, I can fully endorse his plan of just kind of repeatedly forgetting to take the bar exam. And I'm fascinated by Shep, who appears to be a cartoon rooster come to life. He's skeezy in a kind of harmless-seeming Joey Tribiani way, and he rarely seems to climb out of bed before afternoon. In other words, he is my spirit animal.

As for the rest, Cameron and Landon are pretty; I'm still not fully clear on their purpose. And what's will all the gender-swapped names? We've got a male Whitney as well, who has a questionably close relationship with his mother and is "dating" a woman he sees like once a month. Is that it? Oh, Thomas. Apparently he ran for Senate against Lindsey Graham? (Another gender-swapped name. I guess it's just a South Carolina thing.) Thank God I don't have to vote down there. I probably would have just written in a vote for Kathryn.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?