<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tangled Up in Blue

We signed up for Blue Apron, a service where they send you ingredients and recipes for three meals every week. I was skeptical about it because I was afraid they'd make me eat vegetables and other horrifying things, but it turns out that you can always take a week off if the meals available that week don't look good to you. And so far the meals have been good, anyway, even if they have sometimes involved foods I can't exactly pronounce or spell. The single best one so far was probably the quinoa enchiladas, which were so tasty I actually forgot they didn't have meat in them. The spinach pasta with snap peas and onions was also quite good, though it involved a turnip of which I remained (and remain) quite skeptical.

I actually like the cooking part, too, I must admit. Although to be fair, I mainly just chop things, while Ian does the more difficult parts. But man is it satisfying to go at a potato or a zucchini with a knife.

Oh, and it's also fun just to get mail that's not bills or ads. Even if it is admittedly a bit heavy to carry up the steps. I'm sure it's good for my quads or delts or something.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?