<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Significant, Important Developments

I think it should just about sum up the quality of my weekend to tell you that last night I went to a barbecue where we drank Whispering Angel (allegedly the favored rose of the Hamptons) and watched Center Stage on a giant outdoor screen. Cooper Nielsen really pops when he's viewed in a dark backyard through the haze of alcohol. Jodi Sawyer remains very pretty, but not very turned out.

In truth, I did not get to stay for the entirety of the glamorous backyard premiere of Center Stage because I also had a friend's birthday party to go to. That involved a heavy smell of incense, a DJ playing lots of Beyoncé, and gift bags including tickets to some sort of boy band revue. And at this point I have to say how wonderful it is that we've reached a point where Blogger knows to automatically add the accent mark to Beyoncé.

We also did a ton of packing this weekend. It's actually kind of amazing to realize how many things we own that we can pack now, knowing that we're probably not going to need them any time in the next month. It's almost as though we just buy things for no reason in some insane, consumerist drive.

Tonight we're taking my mom to the Dixie Chicks! That's certain to end well.













This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?