<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 17, 2016

Back Inaction

In a turn of events that will undoubtedly delight those of an age to find the pun in my title hilarious, I have done something terrible to my back. Of course I can't be completely sure of what I did, but in my head I blame it on sleeping with a dog shoving me off my bed all night. Aubrey is not, shall we say, the most generous of sleeping companions, and I spend a lot of time twisting myself into strange positions so as to avoid crushing her in her sleep. So that probably can't help my alignment.

Anyway, I am now walking around like an old man in an Aleve commercial. There has been some degree of limping, as well as an odd assortment of moans. The other night after work I lay down on the floor and tried to flatten my back out for a good twenty minutes. And I went to the steam room at the gym to try and loosen my muscles up back there, although the end result was just over the top sweatiness. What did seem to help was swimming, although that may have just been a hallucination brought on by ingesting pool water.

And yes, I know that I probably should just go to the doctor, and I probably will in a few days if things don't improve. But I've always been big fan of waiting things out, especially when there is a co-pay involved.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?