<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Celebrity Sighting

There I was on the elevator at work this morning, minding my own business, jamming out to a little bit of Salt N Pepa on my iPhone, when all of the sudden I noticed a strange woman talking to me. Since I still had five floors to go, I figured I couldn't get by with just smiling and nodding in unhearing incomprehension, and took my headphones out.

"Has anyone ever told you look like, oh, I can't remember the guy's name, but that guy on Parks & Recreation who just yells at everybody?"

I immediately understood who she was talking about, but decided I wasn't going to make this easy for her.

"Oh, that does sound like me," I laughed. "Always going around yelling at people."

"I wish I remembered his name, oh, just that guy, he's from the other town, and he comes in and just doesn't get along with anyone, he's kind of erratic."

"Uh huh." Of course we were stopping at every single floor.

"I think it's like Tom or Kevin or something, I don't know. But you really do look like him."

"Well, thanks, I guess." At this point I wasn't even concerned about reaching my floor; plummeting to my death would have been just as good.

"No really, you have to check it out."

"I seriously will. I seriously will."

So I guess I add that one to the list, along with Edward Norton and the guy who played Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Elite company, indeed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?