<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry & Bright

I'm spending the holiday here in Chicago with my mother and two intransigent beagles. It's not incredibly exciting (Oprah is unlikely to stop by for an eggnog and a game of Boggle), but it's truly relaxing and enjoyable. I had a long, lingering gym visit this morning, followed by a longer and even more lingering trip to the salad bar at Mariano's. We took the dogs for a long walk this afternoon, since we seem to have a brief window where being outside isn't horrible, and we're planning to hit up the five o'clock mass tonight so we don't have to worry about it tomorrow. And then there will be binge watching. I'm not even sure what, but we're going to watch something until our eyes are burning. Truly what Our Lord and Savior would have intended.

It's nice; it's genuinely nice. In another week or two I'm going to be back working like there's no tomorrow, so I really don't mind having a little quiet time. I may even read a book or something. But let's not get too crazy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?