<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 22, 2017

This is Unlikely to Serve as the Basis for a Maid In Manhattan Reboot

So earlier this week at 10:30 PM there was a knock on my front door. My plan was to stay very still in the kitchen and hope the person would go away, but then there was a second knock. And since Ian was down in the garage for some reason, I couldn't just stonewall until he decided to deal with it. So I opened the door, and there was our former maid.

Now, I should explain that we did not fire our maid; the cleaning service just changed us to a different one when we had to change which day was cleaning day. But there was a lot of drama about getting the keys from the old maid to the new maid; we were, in fact, told that our old maid was clinging to life in a hospital somewhere, clutching our keys close to her breast such that they could not be returned.

Thus, my surprise when she was standing outside my our door, looking quite well and holding a Digiorno pizza. She gave me the keys, apologized for taking so long, but explained that she had "been busy" with the holidays, etc. No mention of a near death experience. She handed me the pizza (plain cheese) and said she loved working for us and was going to try to get reassigned to us. Which is great, because I am dying to redistribute keys again. I think I'll just start handing them to strangers on the street. 


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?