<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Amateur Easter Bunny

We had quite the little holiday soiree this past Sunday. My mom was in town, and we invited my sister and my friend Liz and their families over. So there was lots of drinking and foolishness, but this time with children present. My mother actually insisted that I be in charge of the Easter egg hunt, which devolved into me chucking plastic eggs into the bushes one at a time while my nephew was tracking down the previous chuckee. I'll admit that it wasn't exactly on an epic scale, but it certainly was efficient.

We also set up our rooftop for the first time this year, invoking the ancient custom of dragging disgusting rain-soaked tarps down three flights of stairs to the garage while swearing freely. Since we have a full summer with the roof this year, we're planning to get umbrellas and lighting and outdoor rugs and plants and everything. So far we just have two empty pots to go with our furniture, though. I would blame this on it only being April, but we will likely remain lazy for many months yet.

The weather was so nice that I also went for a run, to the extent that's what you call running out to the lake, desperately looking for a bathroom, remembering they're all closed up through Memorial Day, and staggering back home in a panic. This is why people should never get drunk and go running. The only reason, mind you.  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?