<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Another Op'nin, Another Show

I've been MIA for a while, I recognize. I always hate to open posts that way because it is 1) fairly obvious and 2) not interesting, but it is sort of the elephant in the room, isn't it? Or maybe I'm being presumptuous to assume that anyone cares if I'm not dissecting the Housewives on here on the reg. But regardless, yeah, I haven't been posting. Instead I've been working on an amateur theatrical for lawyers, which might actually be an equally useless deployment of time. But it is what it is, am I right?

Since the powers that be for the show consider themselves to be a sort of aspiring The Capitol Steps (google it, then marvel that anyone would aspire to be something that you have to google to know what it is), this year's production has taken on that orange Trumpish tint. And so I am playing James Comey, who happens to look just like me but in an FBI jacket that arrived from Amazon a week late and missing two buttons. Speaking of which, I am also playing Jeff Bezos, which means I am wearing America's saddest bald cap. And I am playing Jon Stewart, who strangely has the same wig as Barack Obama had two years ago. Why are all my character descriptions so weirdly hair related? They do say the hair is the window to the soul.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing. I'll be back. And undoubtedly better for it. Nothing builds character like doing jazz hands to Broadway hits of the 1970s for inebriated attorneys.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?