<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 07, 2021

From Lamego, Without Ideas for Titles 

Or From Britiande, maybe? That's where my phone says we were. Regardless, it was a winery in the Douro wine valley.


It was actually nice enough out that we could use the pool. I only put my legs in, but still. It was October.


Here's the main building at the winery. It was quite the little compound, like I imagine the Kennedys must have, but with less alcohol.


Big wine barrels. Did you know they still crush the grapes with their feet? Appetizing.


The view from the main building at the winery. This ended up being where we took our COVID tests for the return flight, since our internet was spotty. The technicians really appreciated all of the Portuguese screaming in the background.


This cool old little church was right by the winery. We saw it as we walked to the BP to get cigarettes and Coke Zero. We are classy.


I feel like this cemetery would be a fun place to be dead.


I hate my hair in this picture, but look at those pink clouds! No filters, I swear.


The bride and groom. And the stunning room where the wedding dinner was. And where I had one of the best soups I've ever had. And I've had soups, believe me.

The hall where the reception was. The DJ kicked the evening off by playing "Mambo Number Five," I am not kidding. Is any could really a "Mambo Number Five" couple?


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?