<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 04, 2024

Manhattan Transfer 

We did a quick weekend in New York in honor of my birthday. Well, really in honor of me wanting to see Merrily We Roll Along while it's still running since it hasn't been on Broadway for roughly forty years, but my birthday was a fine enough excuse. The show was great, and I take any bad things I ever said about Daniel Radcliffe, though I can't specifically recall there really ever being any. Jonathan Groff was great too and I guess I have to officially forgive him for being friends with Lea Michele. Lindsay Mendez was actually out that night, but her understudy (Sherz Aletaha) was beyond amazing, so we didn't feel too bad about it. Five stars, definite recommend, etc. and so forth.

While we were in town we also went to the Met and had some fun meals. I forgot how exhausting the Met can be; it turns out we walked seven miles just looking at art. And the crowds are intense and seemingly wholly unaware of the concept of personal space. But we saw some good stuff I hadn't seen before or at least don't remember seeing. Also? Thomas Hart Benton. Kind of a baller. Give it a google, you'll see.

Anyway, we're back. And working tomorrow. But I'm proud of us for having fun things to break the winter up this year. It's already February and I haven't yet reached the point of total despair!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?