<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Memory Lane 

I had my 30 year class reunion this weekend. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that it was 90 degrees and humid. It was, in fact, a very '90s affair and even included a Blues Traveler concert, since they just happened to be in Quincy and playing a venue right next to the bar where the reunion was. And no, I cannot name any more Blues Traveler songs than you can. But it was not a test, other than of my ability to recognize people I haven't necessarily seen for thirty years. The results there were decidedly mixed.

There were, of course, some awkward moments. As it turned out, I was not terribly well informed when it came to the deaths of people's relatives, and I did find myself saying "yeah, livers are really important" to someone when hearing about their recent health journey. A pleasant conversation with one of my former teachers somehow turned into me reprising the content of a junior year term paper, and I learned that one of my classmates had for some reason been gifted a framed poem about AIDS purchased at a garage sale for his graduation. Perhaps not coincidentally, well drinks were $3.

Unfortunately, I had work obligations both Friday and tomorrow, so we had to be in and out of Quincy pretty quickly, and barely got to sample the various fried delights the region offers. We'll save it for the 40 year, I suppose.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?